Building citations for your business is one of the best strategies to get your business found online when people search for local businesses, combine this with a consistent NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) and you are on the way to that coveted first 3 spots in the Google Local Pack on the front page of google.
Building citations is a slow and methodical process. There is a lot that needs to be done around managing your accounts on various services before you even begin. This can discourage a lot of business owners and agents and results in most businesses not building a strong citation base or consistent NAP.
The other option is to use a service that will automatically update your information online or services that provide manual citation building for you. The problem with these services is you don’t always get the best results or the results you expect.
There are a number of advantages to taking control of this process yourself such as:
- You can make sure the information posted to a service is exactly what you expect.
- You get to know each service where your business has a presence and how best to optimize your presence there.
- You can be more targeted, any automated service is not going to be able to make those decisions like which is the best category to use, which description should I use to maximise available space, or know that they can list the brands that you sell on some profiles.
- If you need to make changes in the future you are more able to quickly jump in and make the changes rather than relying on third parties.
But, that is a lot of work right? Yes, it is, and it is very frustrating, slow and error prone.
That is why we created the myPresences Agent, adding and maintaining your presences online can not be much faster and more accurate.
The myPresences Agent is an extension for your web browser (chrome only right now) that brings all the power of myPresences directly into the browser, where you need it.
So what does it do?
- Automatically set fields when adding or updating presences based on your ideal profile.
- Automatically log you into services.
- Automate creating new accounts by setting your default username (email) and creating a unique password for you and then filling all fields and storing those new credentials for you in myPresences.
- Show you directly on your profile what can be improved.
- Show you for the current service you are browsing which of your business locations are listed and allows you to jump to each listing or add missing listings.
Installing the myPresences Agent
To install the myPresences Agent you first need to be using the chrome web browser (download here ). Once you are using chrome you can install the myPresences Agent from here:
From the chrome webstore click on Add to Chrome to install into your browser.