What is Local Search?
Local Search refers to search engine searches that have local intent. Search queries that are determined to have local intent return different results than normal organic searches and on may include a local pack on the first page.
Why is Local Search important?
Local search is extremely important for local businesses where people search for businesses near them or in a particular location. For many local businesses, the top position in local search for keywords that are important to them is the most valuable location online for bringing in new business.
Ranking well in Local Search can be one of the most cost effective ways to get business online.
Local Search results also tend to appear before organic search results so they are more likely to be clicked when they are available and may dominate the entire first page.
Which Search Engines support Local Search?
All Search Engines support local search. The most important one is Google and its associated mapping service Google Maps.
Local Search on Google
When you search for a local keyword on Google you will see the Google 3 Pack appear at the top of the results. The Google 3 Pack includes the top 3 results for the keyword but you can click to get more results.
How does Local Search relate to Local SEO?
Local SEO is the activity you need to perform to rank better in Local Search. This includes things like:
- Getting more Citations
- Getting more Reviews
- Improving the quality of your Google My Business listing
Local Search Ads
Google supports Local Search Ads that appear in the Google 3 Pack. Local Search Ads appear at the top of the local pack. Ads are a great way to get quick exposure in Local Search but you will need to keep paying to continue receiving clicks. You should also focus on improving your natural ranking in local search.
How does myPresences help your business in Local Search?
myPresences is primarily designed for local businesses that have a location. This means we have a number of features designed to help you rank better in local search for the keywords that are important to your business.
Here are some ways myPresences helps you rank better in local search:
- Getting listed on more places online
- Fixing NAP issues that are affecting your ability to rank in local search
- Getting more good quality reviews on all of your important presences (such as Google My Business, Facebook and Yelp).
- Improving your Ratings on your important presences by getting better reviews.
- Improving your Google My Business listing and regularly posting content.
- Creating better profiles and listings that are more likely to rank better and provide a better experience for searchers.
- Monitoring your performance in Local Search on Google and Bing so you know where you need to improve.