Thank you for helping to translate the myPresences platform.
To be able to translate the myPresences application all you need is a text editor.
We will send you a text file containing all translatable strings for the language you are translating. Once you have finished translating send the file back, we will notify you when the translation has been published so that you can check the final translation.
The translation file is in a standard format used for translations called a PO File, it has the file extension .po.
If you prefer to use a specialised tool designed to work with PO files then please use them.
If you are not sure where the send the translated file send it to [email protected].
To perform a translation:
- Open the translation file in your chosen editor.
- Translate all empty msgstr fields for the msgid fields immediately above. Also check that existing translatons are correct.
- Save the PO file.
- Send updated PO files to myPresences.
- Once the translation is live, verify the translation is correct in the myPresences application.
As more content is made translatable you may be sent updated PO files with additonal strings, these files will include your previous translations so to update the translation you only need to translate the new strings with an empty msgstr field.
- If a msgid is multiline you can translate this into one long line if that is easier.
- Variable placeholders are not translated, leave them as they appear in the msgstr field. These fields start with a %. Eg. %(business_name)s
- Variable placeholders can be moved around in the string, but they must exist in the translated string. If there is more than one variable they all must exist and the order can be changed.
- Some strings will contain html tags (eg. <a> <p></p>). Do not translate anything inside square braces <> and </>.
- When verifying the translation have the same page open in 2 seperate browsers or browser windows to compare the 2. You can change used by one of the browsers in the settings for the browser.
- After changing the language of the browser doing a page refresh should update the page to use the chosen language.